Friday, April 25

Illustration Friday : Primitive

Here's a very quick IF.

Last weekend I was at a dinner party discussing how "primitive" our old ways of communication seem to the younger generation...
I learnt to type on a type-writer, and even wrote LETTERS rather than texted or emailed my friends and family. My brother calls my era "pre-mobile" and it's not REALLY that long ago...

This illo is of a properly primitive telephone. It does work, but is more impressive with a longer piece of string...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha this is so cute, really puts a smile on my face, thanks!

11:05 am  
Blogger Cherryskin said...

That is sweet! Funny, just today I was at the park and puzzling over three teenage girls sitting in silence next to each other, each thumbing away at her mobile. My perplexity made me feel very old -- I'm only 32.

11:53 am  
Blogger Ken said...

Cute drawing! haha I agree, technology is changing rapidly. When I was a kid mobiles and the internet werent even common place, and it wasnt that long ago!

Im confused though - do you really remember the days of string and plastic cups? haha

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home